All About DK
Mission & Values
DK Schoolhouse is a Scandinavian-style preschool, kindergarten, and lower primary school from Denmark for children aged 18 months to 6 years old. For older students and our graduating kindergarten class, we off primary 1-6. We were excited to induct our initial Primary 6 class, during the 2021-22 Academic year. These students have been with DK Schoolhouse since the start of their formal education, and we are proud to have guided them to this point. Our wonderful schoolhouse is located in the heart of Phnom Penh’s embassy district with convenient parking and secured drop-off zones. All classes are conducted in English by our international team of teachers.
With learning methods developed by long-time residents of the Kingdom, DK Schoolhouse adapts Western modules of learning and presents them in a culturally appropriate manner.
We hold to the belief that:
We focus on
- Building a community through close involvement with our parents and families.
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Communication and literacy
COVID 19 Updates
Health & Nutrition
Why is nutrition important?
- Good nutrition, found in wholesome fresh foods, builds healthy bodies and healthy minds.
- Poor nutrition causes vitamin, mineral and protein deficiencies.
- Eating chemically processed foods, sugary foods and non-food products causes toxins to build up in the body and can result in a compromised immune system, lethargy, hyperactivity and frequent illness.
Our DK Food Policy
- Lunches are cooked fresh each day using fresh local meats, eggs, vegetables and fruits.
- We avoid using white sugar, MSG or canned, packaged or processed food in our menus
- We do not offer or make available to students sweetened soft drinks, or high sugar snacks like candy, cookies and various chips and crisps.
- We encourage students to drink plenty of fresh water daily
- Our teachers incorporate basic facts on good nutrition into their curriculums, instructing children in a fun way, on the value of good, healthy food.
How You Can Help
We urge parents and care-givers to help us maintain a high nutrition standard by choosing healthy snacks to send to school with their children such as:
- -dried seaweed
- -sesame crackers
- -fresh milk
- -whole wheat
- -fresh fruit juice
- -dried fruits
- -fresh fruit
- -vegetable sticks
(carrots, celery, cucumber, etc.)
- -a variety of nuts